Tuesday, December 05, 2006

resumes

I just finished typing up my resume. It is honestly my first time ever writing one and I must say I don't like them. I feel that I am just inflating all the good things I do and have done. I didn't lie on the resume but I feel that I am bragging about my qualifications and skills, which is essentially what a resume is, but I just don't like the idea of having to tell someone how great I am. I would much rather people find out things about me when they get to know me. A resume just skips all the steps of small talk and a slow building of a relationship. This type of fast relationship building is to be expected of course, at the pace the world is moving. We don't have time for anything anymore, all the possible steps that can be sped up, are.

No comments: