Monday, October 02, 2006

Nietzche

I'm having a hard time getting into the teachings of Nietzsche. He might be considered a great philosopher, but I don't think that he did anything particularly impressive. To me, Nietzsche was just a man completely dissatisfied with life and never achieved happiness or even contentedness, even though he tried so hard to think for himself.

I'm not saying that since he thought for himself and wasn't happy that we should therefore not think for ourselves because we won't be happy. All I'm saying is that I don't feel he had a meaningful life. All Nietzsche did was question institutions and destroy the foundation of peoples way of thinking and living without providing a better way.

I have yet to finish reading the Genealogy of Morality so I might change my mind.

No comments: